I am a PhD student at Princeton University, advised by Karthik Narasimhan.
In my life, I read, travel, rap, and play basketball.
To anyone: give me feedback about anything!
To students: email me to schedule a chat about anything! I commit 30min/week and priortize underrepresented groups.
- Sep 2023: Excited to release 🐨CoLLA, a systematic framework for language agents! Summary here.
- Aug 2023: I gave a two-hour talk covering ReAct, Reflexion, ToT, WebShop, InterCode, Collie. Slides here.
- Jul 2023: I enjoyed teaching at Princeton AI4ALL! Coverage here.
- Jul 2023: I wrote a blog post with Karthik about opportunities and risks of language agents! Comment here.
- Apr 2023: I attended LangChain’s Agent webinar. Summary here.
Embers of Autoregression: Understanding Large Language Models Through the Problem They are Trained to Solve
R. Thomas McCoy, Shunyu Yao, Dan Friedman, Matthew Hardy, Thomas L. Griffiths
paper | repo | tweet
InterCode: Standardizing and Benchmarking Interactive Coding with Execution Feedback
John Yang, Akshara Prabhakar, Karthik Narasimhan, Shunyu Yao
NeurIPS 2023 Datasets and Benchmarks Track
paper | repo | tweet | project
Tree of Thoughts: Deliberate Problem Solving with Large Language Models
Shunyu Yao, Dian Yu, Jeffrey Zhao, Izhak Shafran, Thomas L. Griffiths, Yuan Cao, Karthik Narasimhan
NeurIPS 2023 (Oral)
paper | repo | tweet
ReAct: Synergizing Reasoning and Acting in Language Models
Shunyu Yao, Jeffrey Zhao, Dian Yu, Nan Du, Izhak Shafran, Karthik Narasimhan, Yuan Cao
ICLR 2023 (Oral)
paper | repo | tweet | project | Google AI blogpost
WebShop: Towards Scalable Real-World Web Interaction with Grounded Language Agents
Shunyu Yao*, Howard Chen*, John Yang, Karthik Narasimhan
paper | repo | tweet | project | demo | Quanta Magazine
- Cognitive Architectures for Language Agents
- MiraclePlus, Remote, Sep 2023
- Cognitive Science Colloquium, Princeton, Sep 2023
- From Language Models to Language Agents
- Tsinghua University, Remote, Aug 2023
- Tree of Thoughts: System 2 Reasoning, Tree Search, and Language Agents
- Google DeepMind, Remote, Jul 2023
- Allen Institute for AI, Seattle, Aug 2023
- Towards Autonomous Language Agents
- DeepMind, London, Apr 2023
- EPFL NLP Group, Lausanne, Mar 2023
- Berekley NLP Group, Berekley, Mar 2023
- OpenAI, San Francisco, Mar 2023
- Adept AI, San Francisco, Mar 2023
- Re-thinking Reinforcement Learning in the Era of Large Language Models
- Jane Street, New York, Apr 2023
- ReAct: Synergizing Reasoning and Acting in Language Models
- ICLR, Kigali, May 2023
- EMNLP EvoNLP & NILLI Workshops, Abu Dhabi, Dec 2022
- NeurIPS FMDM Workshop, New Orleans, Nov 2022
- Towards Human-like Language Models
- Cognitive Science Colloquium, Princeton, Nov 2022
- WebShop: Towards Scalable Real-World Web Interaction with Grounded Language Agents
- University of Washington, Seattle, Jul 2022
- Set Theory (John Burgess)
- The Computer and the Brain (John von Neumann)
- Automata Studies (Editted by C.E. Shannon and J. McCarthy)
- Team of Rivals (Doris Goodwin)
- The Linguistics Wars (Randy Harris)
- What Babies Know (Elizabeth Spelke)
(last updated: Sep 2023)